Thursday, November 21, 2013

WELL, THAT'S ALABAMA FOR YOU

This post is in response to a photo I posted on my personal facebook awhile ago of a giant confederate flag along a highway in Alabama. Some people were upset because it's a stereotype they didn't feel the need to push.

Beyond that, Alabama doesn't have the best rep. And while I do dislike Fort Rucker with 99% of my little black heart, the state itself isn't all bad.

While this won't likely be my favorite place I've ever lived, I'm glad I've gotten to experience it. And in case some of you have missed it, here are some positive photos I've taken!


These two photos were taken behind our house. 






 An impromptu picnic at Lake Tholloco on base



The pumpkin patch


We hiked to the highest point in alabama



                                            See that tiny lake above? There it is below. 




The sunsets here can be pretty gorgeous and the nights are better. It's always a sky full of stars. 



The towns tend to be older and always have interesting spots to look at. 





Birmingham is a really eclectic place. It has a lot of abandoned areas but it's slowly growing. I love to imagine what it used to be like in the 1920s. 






No comments:

Post a Comment